diumenge, 7 de desembre del 2008

Writing Process of "Rumble Fish" Review

First of all I have readed the top 3 reviews in http://www.imbd.com/: Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times ,Variety.com [Variety Staff], The Onion A.V. Club [Nathan Rabin].
I have structured the review in different parts. At first, after a small summary of the plot, I write an introduction where I explain a general impression of the film. In the next part I talk about the photography and different technical procedures and recourse that give an especial visual image to the film. Then I give my opinion about the film cast. At the end, I explain some of the symbolic elements that appear in the movie and I finalize with a semi-objective opinion of the film.
I have learned many different words: oneiric (oníric), stroll along (deambular), time course (pas del temps), color-blind (daltònic), maudlin (queixica, plorener).
During the writing process of that film I have had fewer problems than with “The Shawshank Redemption”, because I had seen the film several times and I have a mental structure of how I wanted to say in the review. Once again, I found it really enjoyable and extremely usefull.