dimarts, 9 de desembre del 2008

Writing Proces of "F for Fake" Review

First of all I have seen the movie. Then I read the top 5 reviews in imbd.com: Reel.com DVD review [Tim Knight], The Village Voice [Jessica Winter] , The Onion A.V. Club [Nathan Rabin], Cinematheque [Paul Logan], Philadelphia City Paper [Sam Adams] and after that I’ve seen the film again.
I haven’t followed any previous structure because the movie was pretty confusing so I have many problems. I have decided to explain the general plot and then I have written about the points that in my opinion are more important. This review has been much more difficult because the movie doesn’t follow a classical narrative structure, so I even have had problems to understand the opinion of the critics. When I’ve seen the movie I doubt about if it was convenient to review it. It has been a necessary challenge in the reviewing film task.
I have learned lots of different words: is focused (se centra), forger, counterfeiter (falsificador), hoax (estafa), metaphysical (metafisic), footages (imatges, escenes descartades), montage (muntatge), homage (homenatge), shot (pla), unsurpassable (insuperable), trick (truc), turns into (es converteix), bitter (amarg), and misunderstood (incomprès).

1 comentari:

Josep Jutglar ha dit...

I can imagine this time it was much more difficult for you to write a review! I suggest that next time you write a review of a much simple film in which you can focus on the form (how you write the review, what you say and how you structure it) rather than in the content itself. You've done a good task, though. Well done!